New Community Bible Fellowship is a growing, multi-generational church that is making impact inNortheast Ohio and throughout the world. We have a membership of over 3000 people, with more than1000 people engaging our ministry on a week-to-week basis. We are touching people for Christ through our Sunday in person and live stream worship services, our over 70 small groups, our community outreach and service initiative Make Cleveland Better and a host of other specialized ministries, conferences and events.
So much of the work of New Community Bible Fellowship is done in partnership with our members andcongregants who volunteer in our various ministries, events and outreach programs. This is why we are so excited to create this new position of Volunteer Coordinator at New Community. The VolunteerCoordinator will work with each ministry leader to assess volunteer support needs, develop recruitment strategies, and assist with ongoing training. The Volunteer Coordinator will also be responsible for reviewing current volunteerism process with the goal of continuous process improvement.
- As directed, work with ministry leaders to assess volunteer support needs of their ministry. This includes identifying roles, determining responsibilities, creating an operating plan, and developing a recruitment strategy.
- In conjunction with the ministry leaders, develop an on-boarding process, which will include orientation sessions, ongoing training, and regular feedback.
- Based on the continual assessment of open roles to fill in each ministry, assist the ministry leader with recruiting volunteers. This may include attending ministry fairs, new members’ classes,Kingdom Impact meetings and installation services.
- As directed, assist pre-members (and members) in determining their spiritual gifts and areas of passion to help select ministries that match their areas of giftedness.
- Provide twice-monthly statistical updates on weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-to-date stats that relate to volunteer engagement.
- Schedule and attend monthly meetings with the Database Coordinator and Sr. Administrator to perform systems crosschecks to confirm data accuracy and determine the progress of volunteer engagement initiatives.
- Document current processes and procedures with a focus on continuously improving methods and processes.
- Provide general administrative duties as directed.
- Meet requests for information or action in a timely, tactful, and courteous manner, even when they are outside the Volunteer Coordinator’s direct job description.
- All other reasonable duties as assigned, but not listed above.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPECTATIONS:
- New Community Bible Fellowship membership
- The ideal candidate should be creative, bring high energy, hard-working, and have the ability to motivate others
- Should be detail oriented and decisive with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Must exhibit a strong commitment to personal spiritual growth
- Fully embraces the vision, mission, and values of New Community Bible Fellowship
- High School education, some college courses in the areas of business administration preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft software where applicable to ministry duties
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and team development skills
- Must exhibit a continuous effort to develop and improve skills and knowledge
- Must live a personal and private life exemplary of a mature Christian (1 Tim 4:12)
To Apply: Please submit cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org