As we continue to face the impact of COVID-19, we have compiled a series of resources that we hope will help individuals navigate through this unprecedented time. Remember that although this time is uncertain, you can rest in the fact that the God who knows all things and sees all things, will continue to keep you during this time.
WHAT IS THE COVID-19 RELIEF FUND?
The purpose of New Community Bible Fellowship’s COVID-19 Relief Fund is to provide guidance and support to individuals and families who have fallen on difficult times as a result of or in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic.
The COVID-19 Response Fund was established by New Community Bible Fellowship based on Acts 2:42, which describes the church’s responsibility to meet the needs of its people and those who are impoverished.
The assistance from this fund is for the purpose of helping with needs directly related to the necessities of life – food, housing, transportation and health are areas of most concern. All checks are payable to the creditor rather than applicant. All applicants must be members, pre-members, life group participants and regular attendees of New Community Bible Fellowship. Those who receive funds from New Community must be willing to submit to the authority and counsel of the church. Along with approval or decline, New Community may recommend classes or counseling in the area of stewardship, budgeting, employment or continuing education.
- The church collectively provided the resources to address the needs of the members. (Acts 2:44,45; 2 Corinthians 8:13-14)
- God has given us clear instructions to do all we can to help those members of the church who experience hardship. (Galatians 6:10; James 2:15-17; 1 John 3:17-18)
- Deacons were appointed to oversee the process of helping those with needs in the church. (Acts 6:1-6)
- An individual in hardship should first look to his family for assistance. (1 Timothy 5:3, 4, 8, 16)
- An individual who is capable of working, yet unwilling to work, should not be helped by the church. (2 Thessalonians 3:10-12; 1 Timothy 5:3,4, 11-14)
POLICY AND PROCEDURE
- Complete online application, including submission of any required documentation.
- Applications will be reviewed by New Community’s COVID-19 Response Fund Committee, which may include a phone conversation to review and confirm application details.
- Applicants will be notified by phone when a decision is made.
- Requested amount may not exceed $500 within a six month period.
- Approved payments will be made out to creditors or applicants may receive gift cards to pre-selected retailers for food and other supplies if needed.
If form does not load, click HERE to complete an online application.
- If you haven't looked at a budget in a while, now's the time to do so. Every Dollar is a great free app to use to get a budget together.
- Get clarity from your income sources as to what the reality will look like over the coming weeks.
- Cut spending to bare necessities. If you can't pay all your bills, Dave Ramsey recommends you spend your money on these 4 items first and in this order:
As COVID-19 continues to impact many of the families of our community, we want to help. We have compiled a list of resources that will hopefully provide relief to those experiencing emotional stress.
Ohio Crisis Text Line: Text 4hope to 741 741. This line will connect you to trained crisis counselors.
Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746
OhioMHAS Help Line: 1-877-275-6364
HELP WITH ANXIETY
STRESS AND HEALTHY COPING
As we continue to navigate through the effects of COVID-19, we want to make sure Jesus remains at the center of it all, which is why we have provided several resources below that will help enhance your relationship with Jesus.
Our goal as your church during this time is to provide resources to help you and your family navigate the changes you are experiencing. Please check out the articles below for tips on homeschooling and encouragement.
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
Parent Cue(Includes the curriculum our children use on Sundays and weeknights)
Educational Resources(Great for homeschooling)
RESOURCES FOR ENCOURAGEMENT