WHAT IS THE COVID-19 RELIEF FUND?
The purpose of New Community Bible Fellowship’s COVID-19 Relief Fund is to provide guidance and support to individuals and families who have fallen on difficult times as a result of or in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic.
The COVID-19 Response Fund was established by New Community Bible Fellowship based on Acts 2:42, which describes the church’s responsibility to meet the needs of its people and those who are impoverished.
The assistance from this fund is for the purpose of helping with needs directly related to the necessities of life – food, housing, transportation and health are areas of most concern. All checks are payable to the creditor rather than applicant. All applicants must be members, pre-members, life group participants and regular attendees of New Community Bible Fellowship. Those who receive funds from New Community must be willing to submit to the authority and counsel of the church. Along with approval or decline, New Community may recommend classes or counseling in the area of stewardship, budgeting, employment or continuing education.
- The church collectively provided the resources to address the needs of the members. (Acts 2:44,45; 2 Corinthians 8:13-14)
- God has given us clear instructions to do all we can to help those members of the church who experience hardship. (Galatians 6:10; James 2:15-17; 1 John 3:17-18)
- Deacons were appointed to oversee the process of helping those with needs in the church. (Acts 6:1-6)
- An individual in hardship should first look to his family for assistance. (1 Timothy 5:3, 4, 8, 16)
- An individual who is capable of working, yet unwilling to work, should not be helped by the church. (2 Thessalonians 3:10-12; 1 Timothy 5:3,4, 11-14)
POLICY AND PROCEDURE
- Complete online application, including submission of any required documentation.
- Applications will be reviewed by New Community’s COVID-19 Response Fund Committee, which may include a phone conversation to review and confirm application details.
- Applicants will be notified by phone when a decision is made.
- Requested amount may not exceed $500 within a six month period.
- Approved payments will be made out to creditors or applicants may receive gift cards to pre-selected retailers for food and other supplies if needed.
If form does not load, click HERE to complete an online application.